Wednesday, January 27, 2010

iLetDown

Steve Jobs called it "revolutionary and magical." I'm guessing he doesn't know the definition of either word.

The iPad is a large iPod Touch. That's what it is. So it's not revolutionary. At all. Making old technology bigger does not impress. Note to Apple: every tablet ever has been a failure. The iPad's hope for success? The Cult of Apple. That's it. Suckers, err, people, so obsessed with the brand they can't think logically about it.

Let's breakdown the iPad. What is it technologically? Improved semiconductor (read: processor speed and efficiency), not Apple's thing; and LED technology (read: LG or Samsung or Sony -powered), not Apple's thing. So, we're looking at a non-Apple Apple Revolution? Pass.

As for magical, really Jobs? You kidding me? It transforms life? It's your computer, then you "dock it and it becomes your alarm clock." Like my cell phone since 2001?

My iPhone is magical, I believe that. It's this amazing computer that makes phone calls and fits in my pocket. ... ... Why do I need a bigger one? That won't make phone calls?

The iPad takes the iPhone and kills what makes it awesome. Way not to over-hype an XXL-iTouch.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: